Fix mail sync issues - mail has stopped downloadingSpeaking Email FAQ | Home | All FAQs
Q: Why is my mail not loading?
A: I had it working but now it seems to have stopped downloading emails. I know I have more mail in my inbox but it is not showing all the mail. Why?
A number of things can cause this issue.
1. If you have set up filtering under preferences, you may be filtering out everything by mistake. Have a look under preferences Sorting & Filtering. You can override this per account, so also check under Account-Specific Settings. Turn off all the filters to check if that was the problem.
2. If your email has got out of sync with the server you can fix it by tapping the "Refresh All Mail" button. This will fix the issue if it is related to the email client using out of sync in some way.
3. Another possibility is a security token or password issue. For example if your password has expired or you've changed your password. Speaking Email relies on security tokens that are revoked and refreshed on a periodic basis. If the token is unable to be refreshed, you will need to login again. In most cases Speaking Email will detect this and display a login prompt. If for some reason Speaking Email does not detect this, you would need to delete the account from Speaking Email and then add it again afresh.
4. If you have tried all these things and it still doesn't work, you could try deleting the app and reinstalling it from the App Store / Google Play. This means the program will be up to date, any auto updates will be reapplied, any settings you might have inadvertently configured will be reset, and your account will be re-connected. Your purchase will automatically be restored when you add your primary email account (if not, there is an option under the Plan screen to restore your purchase).
5. If none of the above work, you can contact us on email@example.com. We can check if anyone else has reported the issue (for example it could be a newly discovered fault). We can review error logs, and run diagnostics on your login.
What is Speaking Email?
An app for iPhone and Android that reads your email out loud to you. It intelligently extracts content from emails (minus the signatures, disclaimers and threads). And it lets you action your email - archive, mark-as-read, trash, flag, reply, or forward. It can be completely by voice command, or use the large on-screen buttons or full screen touch gestures.
Who is it for?
People with blindness or visual impairment. People who are busy and run out of time to get through their inbox. People who want to make productive use of time when driving between appointments.
Do you have Apple CarPlay?
See our other product Speaking Email CarPlay.