Avoiding distractions while drivingSpeaking Email FAQ | Home | All FAQs
Q: What can I do to avoid distractions while driving?
A: Here are some resources for driver safety information, thanks to Lisa Marshall at aussiewell.net.
There a lot of things that distract us in our cars these days. Mobile phones get a lot of the blame, but truthfully there are a lot of other factors that can take our focus off the road, such as feeling fatigued or even talking with a mate riding with us.
- Activities for Driving Students: Reducing Road User Distraction
- The New Driver’s Guide to Safety Behind the Wheel
- ‘Please, Put the Phone Away’: How One Text at the Wheel Can Kill
- Drowsy Driving
- Eating While Driving and the Top 10 Most Dangerous Foods
- Distracted Driving - Driving with Kids in the Car
- The Dangers of Pets Riding in Cars
What is Speaking Email?
An app for iPhone and Android that reads your email out loud to you. It intelligently extracts content from emails (minus the signatures, disclaimers and threads). And it lets you action your email - archive, mark-as-read, trash, flag, reply, or forward. It can be completely by voice command, or use the large on-screen buttons or full screen touch gestures.
Who is it for?
People with blindness or visual impairment. People who are busy and run out of time to get through their inbox. People who want to make productive use of time when driving between appointments.