Unlocking your iCloud accountSpeaking Email FAQ | Home | All FAQs
Q: My iCloud email and password is being rejected
A: If you are typing the correct password but Speaking Email is saying it is wrong, then it is very likely to be Apple's security not allowing the connection.
For almost all iCloud and me.com accounts, you need to use an "App Specific Password". This will be the case if you have 2-factor authentication or 2-step authentication turned on. App-specific passwords are a security measure designed to keep your Apple password safe so are a very secure way to connect to Speaking Email (full details here from Apple).
You need to set up the "app password" on the iCloud website, which you can either do inside Speaking Email (it launches in a pop up window enabling you to copy and paste) or do it on your computer (a bit easier on a bigger screen) and type in the generated password.
It is easy to create an app-specific password.
1. Sign in to your Apple ID account page.
2. If you have 2-factor authentication turned on you will see an "app specific passwords" section. Click on that link. (If you don't have it you can turn it on here)
3. Follow the instructions and type the generated password in the password field in Speaking Email.
Another possibility is your account may have been locked for security reasons by Apple. This is easy to unlock, just go to iCloud online and try to sign in there. If your account is locked you will be forwarded to iForgot and given instructions.
What is Speaking Email?
An app for iPhone and Android that reads your email out loud to you. It intelligently extracts content from emails (minus the signatures, disclaimers and threads). And it lets you action your email - archive, mark-as-read, trash, flag - using voice commands or on-screen buttons. It works with Microsoft 365 (aka Office, Outlook) and Gmail email accounts, as well as most other providers including any standard IMAP server.
Who is it for?
People who are busy and run out of time to get through their inbox. People who want to make productive use of time when driving to work. People with blindness, vision problems, or other disabilities who cannot see or type and want to be able to hear, reply to, and compose emails by voice.
Does it work on Apple CarPlay?
See our other product Speaking Email CarPlay if you have CarPlay.
Is is free?
Yes it is free to download the basic edition. Free features:
- Email text-to-speech (TTS) with smart content detection (this is awesome, you will be blown away!)
- On-screen buttons for basic actions next/prev, archive, flag
Do I have to upgrade?
Nope, but you can upgrade for:
- Multiple accounts
- Attachment reading
- Voice commands (you will love this!)
- Dictation - reply/forward/compose (you will love this even more!)